The annual meeting of the members is held in the month of March at Vernon Electric's headquarters building in Westby. Notice of the meeting is placed in the March billing newsletter along with the Annual Report. The purpose of the meeting is the electing of directors, passing reports for the previous fiscal year, and transacting such other business as may come before the meeting.
- The meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Roberts Rules of Order.
- Any speaker must be recognized by the Chair before speaking.
- Only members will be recognized by the Chair, each member must give his/her name and address.
- Members are to limit their questions and comments to three minutes, with any rebuttal limited to two minutes.
- Questions and comments from members will be in order during old and new business sessions.
No resolution policy affecting Vernon Electric may be submitted by any member unless written copies have been received by Vernon Electric at least five days prior to the Annual Meeting as to permit review by the Resolution Committee, and its recommendation to the meeting as to approval or rejection. Any resolutions brought before the annual meeting without prior submission will be considered advisory only and shall not be acted on.
Order of Business
The order of business at the annual meeting of the members, and so far as possible, at all other meetings of the members, shall be essentially as follows:
- Call of the roll.
- Reading of the notice of the meeting and proof of the due publication or mailing thereof, or the waiver of notice of the meeting, as the case may be.
- Reading of unapproved minutes of previous meetings of members and the taking of necessary action thereon.
- Presentation and consideration of, and acting upon reports of officers, directors and committees.
- Election of directors.
- Unfinished business.
- New business.