To have your wires located you can call one of these local electricians:
- Clark Electric, Cashton: 608-632-1502 or 608-625-2516
- Geary Electric, Viola: 639-0131
- Gray Electric, Mauston/Tomah: 608-847-6209 or 608-372-4433
- Leatherberry Electric, Elroy: 608-462-8677
- McCormick Electric, Gays Mills: 608-624-3318
- Olson Electric, Stoddard: 608-792-1949
- Woodliff Electric, Kendall: 608-463-7240 or 608-343-0720 cell
To have Vernon Electric's wires located - Dial 811
|Service Installation Fee||$500|
|Metering Equipment||Single Phase||200 amp or less pedestal||$660|
|Single Phase||Over 200 amp socket/CT||Actual Cost|
|Three Phase||Actual Cost|
|Transformer Equipment||Single Phase||$500|
|Transformer Upgrade||Single Phase||$250|
When a second meter pedestal is installed and connected to an existing transformer for a shared well or electric heat at the same time as the electric service is installed, the installation fee for the second pedestal will be waived.
|Single Phase||Overhead||First 500 feet||$9.00/ft.|
|Underground||First 500 feet||$10.00/ft.|
|Three Phase||Actual Cost|
May be additional charges for clearing or purchasing right-of-way, cost for road crossing, installation in frozen ground or rocks and/or any required easements.
|Three Phase||Cost of labor and conductor||Actual Cost|
|Temporary Service (connect member-owned metering equipment)||$500|
|Single Phase Transformer Labor Only||$400|
|Three Phase Transformer Labor Only||Overhead||Actual Cost|
|Underground Pad Mount||Actual Cost|
- The cooperative will attempt to accommodate requests of the member, however; the decision as to the type of construction (overhead or underground, single phase or multi-phase) and the location of any facilities shall be at the discretion of the cooperative.
- The member will provide suitable locations for the installation of the cooperatives facilities on or immediately adjacent to the property to be served. The location shall provide reasonable means to deliver power and remain readily accessible to Vernon Electric Cooperative crews.
- The meter will generally be located on the members load center, meter pole, or meter pedestal and will be located near the transformer or lot line. The only meters allowed on a building are sub-meters, and electric service meters in subdivisions where prior arrangements have been made with the developer.
- The member will be responsible for the cable from the meter to the building, the cost of breaker(s), service disconnect, and any additional equipment required to comply with the National or State Electrical Code and/or Vernon Electric Cooperative policy.
- All underground and overhead services require a properly installed service disconnect immediately after the meter. When the meter socket is mounted on the building, the service disconnect must be located within 8 feet of the point where the conductors enter the building.
- All distribution facilities, both primary and secondary up to the meter socket will be provided by Vernon Electric Cooperative and remain the property of the cooperative. Metering equipment located on a building or load center and meter pedestals will be provided by the member (Exception: VEC will provide and install meter pedestals or meter poles based on the cost in Construction Costs Schedule above) and remain the property of the member and/or owner.
- When a service has been disconnected at the request of the member, the electric service equipment furnished, installed, owned, operated, and maintained by Vernon Electric Cooperative on the property of the member shall remain the property of the cooperative and may be removed upon request of the member or at the discretion of the cooperative.
- An approved switch is required for standby generators.
- Added costs may be incurred if crews have to excavate in frozen ground or run into unforseen circumstances, such as rock.